Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where to Get Arduino Chips in Nairobi

 Recently, I have been surveying alot of electronic shops around Nairobi for a chip known as MT8870 which is a DTMF (Dual Tone Multi-Frequency) decoder but in vain. Its an old chip and all I could get are RF chips used for mobile phones. Thats when I discovered that I don't really need that to complete my project, then I learnt about Arduino Chip. Its comes in varios sfunctionality.. Mini, Pro-Mini, At-Mega etc. In Nairobi I found a particuar company that deals with those chips mainly for student projects. The company is known as Nirvana Ltd. Its a tender company, thus they deal with large quatities. They mostly import most of their stuff, and if you get lucky you may find 4-10 chips that have no buyer thus can sell on retail. More Info please follow my link.

4 comments:

  1. thanks a bunch for the info. Do you know the cost? And where is the location of the shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nirvana Technologies are located along Ngara Nrb. Please follow this link for their contacts:Nirvana Technologies Enterprises Ltd www.nirvanatechnologies.com/ Ngara Rd Nairobi(0)20 2663405.
    Also you can check Nerokas engineering solutions. I think they are the cheapest in town. Their Arduino boards cost range between Ksh 2500 - Ksh 11000 depending on the make. But for a simple project I would rather go for a Arduino UNO or Arduino Mega which are cost friendly.Send me your email and i can be able to send you their catalogue. These are their contacts: Address

    Portal Place House,
    Muindu Mbingu Street.
    P.O Box 18936-00100,
    Nairobi, Kenya

    Telephone
    +254 208138956
    +254 720238370
    +254 722166000
    +254 721303265

    Also there is another company in Westlands Nairobi known as Kenya Electronics. I don't have much info. about them but they also deal with micro-controller chips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nerokas are the most competeive in pricing. I bought from them a mega2560 R3 and a gps shield and gprs shield. Very good service and support.

    ReplyDelete